Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jan 15 Post: Perception of an Artist

I call this post "Perception of an Artist" because I'd like to know, what does an artist look like? Everyone has their perception of how one should or would look like.
When I tell people that I'm into arts, crafts such as jewelry-making, its like they had a seizure and then snap back to say "really, wow". Yes, really. I mean surely, they don't expect me to walk around with wet paint on my hands and clothes,and a huge portfolio do they? Some of the stereotypes I've heard said artist wore a black hat, have untidy hair, tacky clothing, etc. Well that's not the case.
For me personally as an artist I do enjoy comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to work in so I don't feel restricted. But you better believe when its time to go out the house, I get fancy. lol Mom always told us to make sure we are neat and clean because you never know who will see us.
I leave you with this:
Judge not a book by its cover. Open the book to discover a world of color. There is more than what meets the eye, not just the transformers lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment