Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jan 29 Post: Value of Art

Something that always puzzled me was how art is valued art. My curosity began during my vacation in Flordia 2011. My husband and I were walking around the shops of Coconut Grove. There were about 3-4 small art galleries near our hotel. I just wanted to go check out other artists. There was this one art gallery that may have been the largest of the four, it didn't look very inviting. It was kind of dark and boring. The artwork in there....the prices!!! Psssssh I'm not trying to knock anyone's work but wow weee, over $1,000 for a few lines on a canvas? That's just a tad bit too much. My husband was just as amazed and even inspired to start doing paintings as well if he could made just as much off of a few lines.
I've undersold myself a few times but never overpriced something. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment